All children need oversight if they are to succeed. Boarding schools have systems in place, but experienced boarding families know that their input is also vital. This can be hard for overseas and busy professional families. An Academic Mentor is an experienced parent or professional educator who fills the gap.
Our London based Academic Mentors motivate, guide, and advise children to build confidence and help them achieve. Academic Mentors work closely with a small number of children and schools. They make sure your child is getting the most from his or her schooling.
As part of our service the Mentor will:
- Devise with the child detailed study objectives and extra curricular programmes during term time and over the holidays
- Visit the child at school regularly to meet with House parents, tutors, and teachers as necessary, monitoring academic progress and giving parents feedback via report
- Assist parents in interpreting school end of term reports and liaise with the school on behalf of the parents to resolve anything that is of mutual concern.
- Resolve any issues or concerns that the parents and/or child may have regarding pastoral care matters
- Help the child make important subject choice decisions at GCSE, A Level, or IB
- Assist in making arrangements for holiday revision courses if required
- Organise tuition programmes with Bonas MacFarlane tutors
- Advise on suitable UK or US university courses and help with the application process
We also offer a specialist US Academic Mentoring service for students planning to apply to US universities.
CONTACT THE MENTORING TEAM+971 (0) 444 30930
Please call us to discuss your family's requirements. If you would prefer to make an online enquiry, please use our client enquiry form.