Bonas MacFarlane tutors help students achieve the A level grades needed to get into their chosen university. Whether helping a gifted student secure an Oxbridge place, or building the confidence of a less academically-minded student, our tutors support, challenge, and effectively guide students through tailor-made and manageable tuition programmes.
Our full-time tutor placement team is fully aware of the stresses that surround crucial examination points in the UK and the US. University places on popular courses are highly competitive. It is vital that students know what is required and keep up the pace.
We provide A-level tutors for all the A level subjects including English, Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, History, Latin, Classical Civilisation, French, Spanish, German, Politics, Economics, Business Studies, Media Studies, Geography, Philosophy Psychology, Music and Art. We also provide tutors for less commonly taken A-levels on a bespoke basis.
- Our tutors have in-depth knowledge of the requirements for every AS/A level syllabus. We cover all examination boards - OCR, Edexcel or AQA. Our experienced tutors prepare their tutorials in line with the particular exam board so that students become confident not only in their subject knowledge but also, crucially, in their exam technique
- Many of our tutors are also experienced with tutoring students who have specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia, dyspraxia, or ADHD
- When placing a tutor, we ensure that an initial assessment is undertaken to assess the tutee’s academic ability. Based on the results, a tuition program is developed around the pupil’s strengths and weaknesses
- Students are taught through a detailed, targeted course of tuition with an emphasis on time-management, revision techniques, and subject prioritisation
- Tutorials are made enjoyable through tailored teaching techniques and activities based on the student's own interests.
- One-to-one teaching is the best way to boost confidence during the crucial time before the start of an exam period.
Tuition can be introduced at any stage of the sixth form: from weekly hourly sessions over the two year period to intensive daily revision tutorials immediately prior to exams.