For over twenty-five years Bonas MacFarlane has been successfully preparing students who are applying to Oxford and Cambridge universities. Applicants prepared by us are regularly awarded places, exhibitions and scholarships on the most competitive courses. An exceptional team of academic tutors and Oxbridge admissions specialists is the reason for our unrivalled track record.
All our tutors are Oxbridge graduates and subject specialists. All have studied beyond degree-level, many hold PhDs or D.Phils and are university dons. Sixth formers studying with us have privileged one-to-one access to some of the finest minds in the country.
Tutors prepare applicants for Oxbridge entrance with the following specialist help:
- Advanced subject enrichment;
- Personal statement writing;
- Admissions test preparation;
- Interview preparation;
- Critical thinking skills courses;
- Extension reading programmes;
- Core skill programmes (writing, mathematics, statistics, programming);
- A-level tuition.
Alongside applications to Oxford and Cambridge we also prepare students for all courses at Russell Group universities including medicine, dentistry, veterinary science, engineering, law, business and economics.
How does it work
We support you through every step of the process:
- We help you to determine the one-to-one support that you need;
- Most students begin by having a consultation with an Oxbridge admissions specialist. Each have placed hundreds of applicants
- Students work one-to-one with their tutor;
- Students have access to our Academy courses which offer a range of intensive high-level programmes;
- Progress is reviewed regularly by your Oxbridge admissions specialist;
- Some students have additional consultations to develop strategies for choosing the right courses and colleges.
Many students make simultaneous applications to UK and American universities. We have a highly successful specialist team that manages US applications, led by Anthony Nemecek, a former Director of the Fullbright Commission.