11+ is the age at which many British children move to secondary schools. This is also a popular age for overseas pupils to enter the UK system. The top UK schools are some of the most competitive in the world, requiring excellent results on entrance exams and outstanding performance for scholarships.
Bonas MacFarlane has a team of school placement consultants who speak to the leading independent schools on a weekly basis, allowing us to give up-to the minute information about individual school processes and entrance requirements to our parents.
On a regular basis, Bonas MacFarlane helps pupils from outside the UK gain places at all the top schools, including St Paul’s Girls, Godolphin & Latymer, North London Collegiate, and City of London Girls, for girls; Westminster, St Paul's, Highgate, and UCS, for boys. We also prepare girls for the best independent schools outside London, which include Wycombe Abbey, Downe House, and Cheltenham Ladies College. For boys, we have considerable success helping pupils gain places at schools like Eton, Harrow, and Winchester.
Bonas MacFarlane is able to provide experienced 11+ tutors who have direct insight and experience into the demands of the assessment process. Our aim is to match tutors who have first hand tuition experience of the specific schools for which you are aiming and/or provide tutors who attended the school themselves.
- Each tutor provides an initial assessment on the tutee’s academic ability. Based on the results, tuition programme is tailored around the pupils strengths and weaknesses
- Building a relationship is fundamental to the success of tuition. We ensure that all our tutors have strong communication skills and can relate to the tutee’s educational needs
- Regular revision using past papers and replica questions is a vital part of the process
- Tutors will assess your child’s reading and build reading lists structured to improve performance
- One-to-one support helps instil confidence in preparation for the interview